Bhimduttanagar, June 21: As many as 20 locals at Jhalaripipaladi Municipality of Kanchanpur district have fallen ill after consuming a billy goat’s meat.
Among the sick, two children, a seven-year old Pabitra Joshi and eight-year old Bhuwan Raj Joshi are in critical condition, police said.
Police further informed that locals fell ill after consuming the meat as it was sold stating that the goat was healthy.
Police added that the goat was sick but was sold saying healthy. Of the total sick, 16 are undergoing treatment at local hospital while four have returned home after treatment, it is learnt. RSS